Saturday, 25 July 2026

A drop of rain was the highlight of the day!

It threatened rain all day, but the only shower was just after lunch. A fresh west wind.

Only my stuff so far (Malcolm), and I only managed one outing today.

South shore 09:00 - 10:15
I started at the saltmarsh at high water, hoping that there would be a large group of gulls on the mud. But there were just a handful of Black-Headed and Common gulls.
Black-Headed and Common gulls at the edge of the saltmarsh 

Red Nab wasn't much better!
Plenty of gulls on Red Nab, but I could only find two Mediterranean gulls


Mediterranean gulls (centre both shots)

One of four Little Egrets

Oystercatcher 1000+
Curlew 150+ were arriving all the time from the north side
Curlew

Just as I was leaving Red Nab one of the Power Station steam relief valves 
blew. All the birds lifted, probably after their own relief valves blew!

Rock Pipits 2 on Red Nab
The Sea Lavender on Red Nab is looking nice

Mediterranean gull flying back to Red Nab

Three Pied Wagtails sheltering from the wind on the foreshore 




No comments: