Sunday, 9 August 2026

Time and tide......

Mainly overcast with an odd light shower. A light west breeze

Just my stuff so far (Malcolm), and I only had time for one short outing 
South shore - 10:45 - 11:45
Linnet 7 at the saltmarsh and 4 on Red Nab
Rock Pipit 2 along the foreshore and at least 2 more on Red Nab
One of the foreshore Rock Pipits

This one on Red Nab had just had a bath
Little Egret 6  - 2 on Red Nab the others along the sea wall


Little Egret catching a Common Goby

Curlew 40+  - most in small flocks heading north, but a few on the shore

Whimbrel at least 2
Whimbrel 

Oystercatcher c200 heading north in several flocks
Redshank 21
Turnstone 5
Redshank and Turnstone 

Mediterranean gulls 6 - I'd left my walk as late as I could and there were already six Mediterranean gulls on the sea above the feeding beach by the wooden jetty. But I didn't have time to wait and see if more arrived when the mud was exposed.
Mediterranean gull arriving at the feeding beach, before it was exposed

Two Mediterranean gulls waiting for the mud to be exposed and feeding commence

Nothing much in the Nature Park. 
One each Painted Lady and Red Admiral.
Small White 3
Speckled Wood 2
Meadow Brown 5
Common Darter 1
Red Admiral 

Dunnock



No comments: